This release commenced at 9pm Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST).
This agentM version is compatible with ChromeOS version 80. Your devices will be updated to ChromeOS version 80, along with our new agentM version 184.108.40.206.502.
What is the focus of this release?
This release delivers new agentM APIs, device customisation, and improved diagnostics.
In response to customer feedback we added improvements to the agentM boot-up screen by adding new delay configuration options and auto-expanding errors/warnings.
As a result of this release, meldCX can now help you customise your device behaviour by monitoring the system CPU & memory usage, and configuring reactionary device reboots. You can also customise the way agentM handles HTTP errors in your application, providing more flexibility to control your device experience.
We added new APIs which give your application direct access to FileSystem, Account Preferences, Chrome keyboard configuration and peripheral metadata.
In summary, this release delivers:
- New & improved device startup process
- Native device watchdog based on Chrome API
- Customisable device watchdog based on system CPU and memory usage
- Customisable HTTP error handling
- Configurable delay for the device boot-up screen
- Configurable API and settings for Chrome keyboard customisation
- FileSystem API with Drive management and WebServer integration
- Access to Account preferences via Agent library
- Auto-expanding errors and warnings on the device boot-up screen
- Standard peripheral diagnostics and metadata interface
- Accessibility API with customisable configuration
- System API - memory, CPU, storage usage and network interfaces
- Device Certificate Management tools
- Configurable network traffic optimisations
- Configurable fetch request limiter
- meldCX Payment platform with configurable gateway and terminal
- Added integration with FreedomPay payment gateway, FreeWay
- Added integration with IDTech VP8800 (Payment Terminal)
- Added integration with IDTech VP6800 (Payment Terminal)
- Added integration with IDTech VP3300 (RFID Reader)
- Added integration with Storm Audio-Nav (Accessibility Device)
- Added integration with MaxBotix MB1403/MB1414 (Proximity Sensor)
- Added integration with meldCX LED Light Controller
- Improved integration with EikonTouch 710 Reader (Biometric scanner)
- Improved integration with public networks on the Network Settings screen
- Added additional configuration for new windows handling in customer app
- Implemented a new onCommand API for selected keyboard shortcuts
- Fixed bug with new windows handling in customer applications
- Fixed bug with display duplication after HDMI failure
- Fixed bug with high memory usage on some devices (CrOS v74 and higher)