This hotfix release was published on Tuesday 3 July, 2018.
An issue from 22.214.171.124.355 was resolved.
- Where a Web URL app has stored app config data and/or auth tokens in a webview session - these cookies & tokens weren't being read in the new agent release.
- This issue was present in 126.96.36.199.355.
- The issue is resolved in 188.8.131.52.363.
This significant release was published on Monday 2 July, 2018.
- Added Support for MDNS.
- Added Network Management API.
- Added Application control API.
- Added CORS agnostic fetch method for fetching from http servers with CORS enabled.
- Added Audio device control.
- Added Webview Management control.
- Added Support for per display default image using 'defaultImage' display option where the value is a url to an image.
- Added Reboot functionality in Agent API.
- Added Service app support.
- Subsequent Dashboard & API updates still pending.
Drivers & hardware
- Added Driver for Anapex AP8451 touch controller.
- Added Driver for 3M MicroTouch touch controller.
- Added Support for Serial scales using the ECR protocols.
- Improved internal agent message logging for Apps, Scheduling, Windows and Webviews, apps now have their own section in the log tab.
- Improved option processing.
- Improved Downloader stability.
- Improved Secure Browser Mode functionality, sessions are based on touch interaction causing a 'session' to start. When device is idle session is cleared and page reset to home.
- Improved webview functionality, redundancy and extensibility.
- Improved window & display creation/destruction handling.
Benefits of the new features
- Get your solution to production faster, using existing technologies for device discovery.
- Identify local services such as printers, webserver, chromecasts for zero touch configuration.
- Utilise more use case on individual devices at the same time.
- Allow independent development of use case applications.
- Deploy many applications and switch between them with ease via our Agent Library.
- Each app maintains its own code base, but the apps can work together as one.
- Increase the serviceability of unattended devices running meldCX.
- Less time and effort required to get devices up and running on site.
- Manage the network configuration of your device locally without the need to plug in a keyboard and or open a kiosk enclosure.
- This networking screen can be triggered via our Agent Library from your app.
- Faster time to production by using existing functionality.
- No need to change configuration of unstable legacy servers.
- Normally a server needs CORS enabled to work with Chrome. We have managed to get around that.
- Access resources stored on servers that do not have CORS enabled.
- Helpful for accessing resources on legacy and foreign http servers.
- Reduces support required to manage audio peripherals remotely.
- Manage audio devices via the Agent API.
- Control which input/output device is selected and master audio levels of input/output devices.
- Ultimate flexibility around the functionality and capability of your web application.
- Exercise fine grained control over the position and sizing of content show on the screens.
- Layer webviews as though they were any other regular, html element.
Default image per display support
- Maintain brand consistency and observed uptime of devices.
- Save face and protect your brand when outages occur.
- In the event that your web application throws a fatal error the default image will be shown in place of the application error.
- The default image is stored on the local device so in the event the internet is not available the image can still be shown.
- Get a greater return on investment with your hardware, run more use cases on a single device.
- Get more out of you device by running service apps in the background.
- Services allow you to run a web application in the background of your device.
- These services can be written using standard web technologies.
- Examples would include a music player, data transformation services and misc others.
- Leverage the power of your hardware investment and get the most of out of your device.
- Each meld application now runs in its own thread and therefore will not interfere with other apps.
- Overall performance of your applications should be improved.
- More granular logging detail has been added to empower troubleshooting and issue identification.