All Chrome OS devices need to be enrolled into a CDM account before they can be added to a meldCX account. This is called Enterprise Enrolment.
The meldCX Agent (Chrome app in kiosk mode) is pushed to the device from the CDM.
A device can only been enrolled in a single CDM Organisation Unit (OU) at a time. To move a device to a new CDM OU you'll need to follow Google's deprovision & re-enroll process.
1. Get your Enrolment Credentials ready
meldCX Managed CDM
You will have been provided with credentials (username & password) during the process of creating your meldCX account. If you don't have them, first please contact your sales rep or account manager.
You will have created credentials when creating the OU in your CDM. Please ensure your CDM OU is configured to run meldCX.
2. The Enterprise Enrolment Process
1) Get your network ready for meldCX and connect your device to the network. Ensure connection is stable for a few minutes.
2) Wipe the device to Enrol / Re-enrol. (Learn how to wipe your device.)
If this process doesn't work, here is Google's support article for wiping Chrome devices.
3) The device will boot-up. Select your language, keyboard and network. Click continue.
4) IMPORTANT - This step requires timing:
PRESS CTRL+ALT+E as soon as the Terms & Conditions screen pops up - before accepting the terms, and enter your Enterprise Enrolment credentials.
Chrome OS has been known to run an OS update download & install in the background at this stage. It's important to Enterprise Enrol the device as quickly as possible to avoid this. If Chrome OS completes a background update, it's possible the device is now running a version of Chrome OS that is not supported by meldCX.
If your device is not running an approved Chrome OS version, your device may have issues working as expected. Check this article to learn how to install the right Chrome OS version on your device.
As a meldCX customer, you get the benefit of our team testing the meldCX agent and a wide variety of test cases, against new Chrome OS versions.
Note: If you accidentally login to normal mode, follow the steps from 1-5 again.
6) Once successfully logged in, the system will show up with MeldCX screen.
Please note the Device Name. This is required to enrol the device through MeldCX dashboard.