This series of articles will guide you through the initial configuration, set up & enrolment of your device into the meldCX platform.
Getting your network setup
It is essential that your network is setup accurately, and certain domains are whitelisted, to allow your device to contact relevant cloud servers & services.
If your network is not setup per this guide, you will not be able to successfully get your device up and running with meld.
Note: If your network is open, and has no firewall restrictions in place, please continue with the below.
For Chrome OS devices
1. Check your OS is the approved version.
Please follow this link to review the latest version and download the appropriate build for your device.
Important! If your device is not on the OS version approved by meldCX, your device may not operate as expected.
2. Enrol your device into a Google CDM environment.
This step will add your Chrome device to a Google CDM account, which is required for remote operation.
Managing your own CDM?
Follow this configuration very carefully to set your CDM policies.
Using meldCX's hosted CDM?
You should have received enrolment credentials from your account manager. If you haven't, please contact your account manager.
3. The meldCX app will launch. Now you can enrol the device into the meldCX cloud console.
When the meldCX app launches, it will look something like this:
From here you can enrol your device into the MeldCX console by following these steps.
4. Invite users to your meld console.
5. Great! Now your device is ready to run some content!
- Please refer to this section for further instructions on how to upload applications and create schedules.
For Windows Devices
At this stage our Windows Agent executable is only available on request. Should you be interested in our Windows Agent please contact email@example.com and we can arrange for a demo. If you have this executable please continue with the steps below:
2. From here the device should load directly into MeldCX console. Now you can enrol your device into the MeldCX console by following these steps.
3. If you would like to add other users to your account please follow this guide.
4. Please refer to this section for further instructions on how to upload applications and create schedules.