Preface: This guide explains how to install AgentM on any Windows with arch type X86_64. Please follow the instructions below.
- Using the installer provided. Sign in to the Windows device you want to install AgentM onto.
- Ensure that the user you are signed in as has permission to install applications.
- Open the AgentM Setup.exe file
- AgentM will install.
- Once the install has completed AgentM will open.
- From there you can register and use AgentM the same as you would AgentM on chromeOS, see Enrolling Devices into MeldCX
PLEASE NOTE: You will need to edit registry entries in order to lock the device down in kiosk mode. Save the below example as a .reg file with your own username, double click on the file and this will apply your registry value for shell. This will effectively launch Meld in kiosk mode.
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
Removing Kiosk Mode
1. Open up task manager by using CTRL + ALT + DEL
2. Select "Run New Task
3. Run 'Notepad'
4. Save the following in a file named "shell.reg"
6. Import the saved registry file
7. Go back to Task Manager, select File, then run CMD.exe
8. Run the following command
`shutdown /s /t 0`
The device should now be running in our regular windows explorer shell.