This article will show you how to upload applications to your meldCX account, as well as describing the different types of applications we support.
1. Login to your meld cloud console account.
2. Click the Applications icon in the left menu.
3. In the top right hand corner of the screen, click Create App.
4. Select the app type you would like to install:
a) Web URL
Available on Basic, Professional, and Enterprise plans.
This app type is essentially a web page. It might be your organisation's site, a contact form, or a web app.
Please note, if your Web URL requires authentication, and you want to automate authentication, you will need your app vendor to provide a method for no-touch authentication. This might be using query string parameters in the URL, or using IP whitelisting.
- Set your app name & choose an icon that accurately represents the app.
- Create the first version.
b) Packaged App
Available on Professional, and Enterprise plans.
This app type is a standard web app that has been packaged, ready to be placed onto a web server.
c) Packaged Service
This app type is for background services. Effectively, this is a web app that runs in the background.
d) Google Slides
This app type is a quick way to publish advertising, marketing, menus or other visual content.
When configuring this app you will need to provide the ID string of the Google Slide file. To get this string you will have to do the below
- Open your google slide and navigate to File > Publish to the web
- Click the yellow "Publish" button then click "OK" on the next prompt
- Your content will now be published and you will be shown a URL
- Copy everything between https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/ and /pub - This will be your ID string
For example, after doing steps 1-3 the URL I was given was: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/e/2PACX-1vQrDtZ-g6IMjjI9-4ix18ReETAGYFxtBjLD0g_mjjEyIao-zUKy7jyLPCcXmkPm2qKtK3cP2PZLkMxM/pub?start=false&loop=false&delayms=3000
The ID string is: e/2PACX-1vQrDtZ-g6IMjjI9-4ix18ReETAGYFxtBjLD0g_mjjEyIao-zUKy7jyLPCcXmkPm2qKtK3cP2PZLkMxM
Displaying the application on a device
In order to get the application displayed on a device, you will need to create a schedule (Or use the default "Business hours" schedule that is already in your account) and then you will need to schedule the application onto a display.