This article will show you how to create and apply schedules, which can be used in a variety of ways
- As the devices operating times (If you want the screens off outside of these hours)
- As an applications operating times (If you want different content at different times of the day, or days of the week)
- As the devices reboot schedule
Part 1 - How to create schedules
1. Login to the MeldCX dashboard at admin.meld.cx.
2. Click the Schedules icon in the left menu.
3. In the top right of the screen, click Create Schedule.
4. Configure your schedule settings...
- Give your schedule a meaningful name, that describes the times or days configured.
- Start & End date are not mandatory. Do not set, unless you have to.
- Start & end times are 24 hour format.
- Select which days of the week the schedule applies.
5. Click Create Schedule when you're done.
Part 2 - How to use schedules
1) Devices operating times
To set a devices operating schedule, please select the device you wish to manage and set the operating schedule as per the below image. Outside these times, the screen will go into power saving mode.
2) Reboot schedule
It is always recommended to have a daily reboot setup, this helps ensure device stability and also ensures your application is up to date should a newer version be released. Please see the below example for a 2AM reboot.
Applied to the device
3) Applications operating times
Please refer to this article for step by step instructions. Your application will only run during the specified time. If your device is only showing the "meldCX idle screen" and not your application, please refer to this article for further troubleshooting.