This article describes the appropriate hosts and ports to whitelist for any networks that have meldCX solutions running on them.
Network address needs to be dynamically assigned.
- Appropriate IP range configured
- Gateway IP set to Internet Router
- DNS Address set to Server to resolve host names
Whitelisting: Critical Configuration!
The following hostnames must be whitelisted to allow the device to connect to the meldCX dashboard, and to the Chrome OS servers.
Failing to have the appropriate hosts whitelisted can cause:
• Devices sitting on Chrome’s screen state ‘waiting for network connection’
• Devices failing to start kiosk application (agentM)
beta-api.meldcx.com (For Opensign application users only)
reception.meld.cx (For Visitor Reception / VSI App users only)
Required OPEN ports
- Port 80, 443 (TCP) - For Meld & Google hosts.
- Port 5228 (TCP and UDP) - Only required for Android users and on Google hosts
Google Chrome Hostnames
Chrome OS IPs & hostnames are subject to change. These hostnames must be whitelisted to ensure Chrome OS & CDM connectivity is enabled.
See Google's list of published hostnames. Please review Google's whitelisting requirements from time to time to check for any new or changing whitelisting requirements.
During our rigorous testing process, meldCX has identified these additional Google hostname(s) that are also required:
Application whitelist requirements
Please check with your App Vendors for any whitelist requirements.
This tool is available on Chrome OS devices which can help you determine if there are any blocked connections to Googles servers
Please sign in to leave a comment.