This article will show how to connect a Chrome OS device to a wireless network.
How to connect to a Wifi Network
To connect to a secured network you will need to interrupt the normally kiosk mode startup of MeldCX to be able to connect the device to a secure WiFi network.
- Turn off the device and wait until the power light turns off
- Plug in a USB keyboard
- Turn on the device and wait until the power light turns on
- Press Ctrl + Alt + S on your keyboard when you first see the AgentM by meldCX starting to load.
- The ChromeOS login screen will now appear (There is no need to log in)
- Click on the Wifi symbol in the bottom right hand corner.
- Click on the preferred Wifi network.
- Enter the password and confirm that the network is connected to the internet.
- Reboot or turn off/on the device to return it back to kiosk mode.
By default, ChromeOS tries to connect to networks in this order of preference:
- Wired local area network (MeldCX Recommended where possible)
- Secure wireless network
- Unsecure wireless network
- Mobile data network
Out of the box your Chromebase/Chromebox will not be connected to any secured WiFi networks.
If you have an unsecured network the device should automatically try to connect and establish a connection to the internet.