The below article contains instructions on how to safely clean your AOPEN touchscreen device.
All AOPEN devices are commercial grade, and touch devices are with a full glass touch screen.
We highly recommend that you regularly wipe down your devices by applying a cleaning agent on a cloth. Our devices are best maintained with any cleaning agent that is non-corrosive and has a mixed alcohol concentration of not more than 78%.
For AOPEN touch panels specifically, please make sure that they are manufactured with AG / AF / AR / Anti-UV logo screen coating technology. If the touch panel has nameplates on the surface, please refer to the manufacturer for cleaning instructions.
Follow the below instructions to clean your AOPEN touch screens:
- Use only a soft, lint-free cloth.
- Avoid abrasive cloths, paper towels or similar items.
- If condiments, food, or drinks are spilled on the surface of the screen, please remove them immediately.
- When water is present on the surface of the PCI screen, wipe it dry first, then the touch screen will function properly.
- Spray the cleaner on the cloth and then wipe the screen with the cloth.
- Do not spray cleaning agents directly onto the screen, as the liquids may seep into the screen or contaminate the front bezel and seep through the cable connection area.
- Avoid using any chemical agents to clean the screen and do not use aerosol sprays, bleaches or abrasives.
- Use gentle wiping motions. Avoid excessive wiping, which might cause damage.
- Do not use sharp tools to clean the surface of the screen.
- Do not use air guns, water jets, or steam, to clean the surface of screens as they may damage touch screen functionality.
- After cleaning, check to make sure no remaining cleaner is seeping through the edges of the screen.
To maintain the condition and hygiene of your devices, regular cleaning is recommended – with the occasional use of mixed alcohol concentration.