This series of articles will guide you through the initial configuration, set up & enrolment of your device into the meldCX platform.
Firstly, get your network setup.
1. It is essential your network is setup accurately, and certain domains are whitelisted, to allow your device to contact relevant cloud servers & services.
If your network is not setup per this guide, you will not be able to successfully get your device up & running with meld.
Note: If your network is open, and has no firewall restrictions in place, you should be ok to continue.
Now, let's get your Chrome device up & running.
1. Check your OS is the approved version.
Please follow this link to review the latest version and download the appropriate build for your device.
Important! If your device is not on the OS version approved by meldCX, your device may not operate as expected.
2. Enrol your device into a Google CDM environment.
This step will add your Chrome device to a Google CDM account, which is required for remote operation.
Managing your own CDM?
Follow this configuration very carefully to set your CDM policies.
Using meldCX's hosted CDM?
You should have received enrolment credentials from your account manager. If you haven't, please contact your account manager.
3. The meldCX app will launch. Now you enrol the device into the meldCX cloud console.
When the meldCX app launches, it will look something like this:
At this stage do not worry about the error message under "Application", this is normal
4. Invite users to your meld console.
5. Great! Now your device is ready to run some content!
- Create schedules to manage device operation & schedule content on your displays,
- install applications to run content on your displays,
- manage & monitor your device remotely.
For Windows Devices
1. At this stage our Windows Agent executable is only available on request.
Should you be interested in our Windows Agent please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we can arrange for a demo. If you have this executable please continue with the steps below:
3. From here the device should load directly into MeldCX console. From here you will need to enrol your device into MeldCX console by following these steps.
4. If you would like to add other users to your account please follow this guide.
5. From here you will be able to install & manage applications, add schedules for operation & content, and manage & monitor your device remotely.